Salt Grill and Tapas Bar, Ginza ソルトグリル アンド タパスバー銀座

I'm a big fan of Salt in Marunouchi and have been countless times over the years. So as soon as I found out about the opening of its younger brother in the sparkly new Ginza Six complex in (you can guess where), I was right onto making a booking.

My dining partner and I were shown to an excellent corner table with a view of the streets below and once settled in we opted for the 5,000 yen lunch menu. Their menu offers excellent value for money and the food is delicious. It's hard to imagine how they can deliver such sophistication and quality for such a modest price.

I will certainly be back.

Yayoi Kusama strikes again in the Ginza Six atrium!


The view from our table



A rather trim oyster to get us started


Tasmanian trout confit with coconut yoghurt and thai condiments: I love the idea of serving trout confit in a Thai style, and the coconut yoghurt is delicious. I did feel that the fish itself was a little bland and couldn't really compete with the other flavours - my only criticism in what was otherwise an excellent dish (and meal overall)


Abalone gazpacho (yes, abalone!) 


The beef with Parmesan cheese, truffle sauce and vegetables was absolutely to die for


The licorice semifreddo never fails to disappoint - the lime was SOUR which gave it all a bit of a kick


Petit fours with the coffee




https://www.lukemangan.com/restaurants/salt-grill-tapas-bar-tokyo/
Tel: 03-6264-5402

Comments

Popular Posts