Hibiki, Shinjuku 響新宿

Tokyo is full of izakaya but I always find myself struggling when I need to think of one that I can easily take foreign visitors to. Hibiki in the Odakyu Southern Tower complex is just about ideal. It has an English menu, and range of the usual crowd pleasing dishes and has a fairly upmarket feeling.

All sounds good on paper. Unfortunately my recent visit was marred by bad service, bordering on the unpleasant from our server who seemed quite put out that we needed some help with the menu. The woman did not crack a smile once during our visit.

But patchy service aside, I would still recommend it as a place to take the neophyte Japanese food eater. Maybe I'll give them one more chance.








 




http://www.dynac-japan.com/hibiki/index.html
Tel: 03-5909-7180

Comments

Popular Posts