New York Grill, Nishi Shinjuku

Over the years I've been the New York Grill at the Park Hyatt Shinjuku a few times. The latest visit was for a Sunday lunch, but I have also been for dinner twice. This restaurant is a Tokyo institution and was made even more famous by being a key setting for the movie, "Lost in Translation".

The views from the dining room and bar are simply spectacular and are worth a visit for that reason alone.

The food is of a good standard, the wine list is OK and the service is reasonably good. Does that sound like damning with faint praise? Well, to be honest I've never walked away thinking that the food was particularly memorable, but I have always thought "gee, that was E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E".

I know there is a place in this world for destination restaurants with great views, but for my money I think once is enough - just so you'll be able to say you've been.

The mains are simple bistro style fare...



Tel: 03-5322 1234

Comments

Popular Posts