Jin Din Rou, Ebisu 京鼎楼(ジンディンロウ)恵比寿

Yay! I've found another place to feed my tantanmen (sesame, chilli and pork ramen) and shorompo (soup dumplings) addiction - this time in Ebisu, quite near the east exit of the station. I've failed to write about most of my tantanmen and shorompo adventures as they are so dreadfully quotidian, but these are two of my favourite lunchtime dishes in Tokyo - and although they're Chinese in origin and I've always loved Chinese food, I had never tasted them before I lived in Japan.

For 1,700 yen your set includes a noodle soup of your choice, four shorompo, annin dofu (chilled almond jelly) and tea. Believe me you won't need any more that that!
The broth of the tantanmen was much thicker and creamier than those I have eaten elsewhere and had a great aroma. The shorompo were lightly flavoured with oolong tea, had lots of juice and were delicious - actually the best I've had for a while.

The staff are pleasant and efficient and you can watch the cooks beaver on the dumplings through a window into the preparation area, which makes for a nice atmosphere. I'll definitely be back here again to try out the rest of the menu!

http://jin-din-rou.net/
Tel: 03-5795-2255

Comments

Charles said…
I live near Jin Din Rou so I've been there a few times. Jin Din Rou is actually a Taiwanese chain and quite popular in Taiwan. I ate there when I was in Taipei so I was happy to see one here.

Popular Posts