Miravile Impact, Ginza ミラヴィルインパクト 銀座

In the interests of full disclosure I have to admit that when I made the booking at Miravile Impact, I thought that I was booking at Miravile - the Michelin One Star restaurant located near Yoyogi. After realising my mistake at the last moment, I hurriedly changed my plans, informed my dining partner of the new destination and headed off for the Marronier complex near Printemps at Ginza. Even though I had booked days ahead the only table available to us was at the counter, which I found kind of annoying but it also gave a chance to see everyone else's lunch being prepared.

Miravile Impact is basically a little cake and dessert shop, although there is a 1,400 yen set offering a meat of the day or a fish of the day. We opted for the meat of the day which was a fried chicken with coconut Thai curry sauce, frites, an intriguingly presented salad in a glass and a small daikon soup and roll. The set also includes a dessert, which the house chooses for you.

The main meal was disappointing. It took a long time to be served, and the french fries were cold! No guys - you can't trade off your 1 star rating at your other location and serve fries up cold. Further, whilst the salad looked interesting its taste was rather less so with a stodgy potato and tarako whip at the bottom of the glass. The chicken was actually quite small, consisting of a tiny chunk of meat and a single chicken wing.

At one point I have to admit to being almost uncontrollably disappointed. However, after a really, really long wait dessert was served. This was an amazing combination of flavours in a martini glass. The first layer was black beans, followed by a layer of fresh yuzu, soy sauce (!) ice cream and a molasses crisp. This combination of sour, salt, sweet, chewy, crunchy and smooth was quite amazing. It was enough to restore my interest in the establishment. But please, don't eat lunch there - just turn up around 4pm for a lovely dessert.


http://www.miravile.net/impact/
Tel: 03-5524-0417

Comments

Popular Posts