Tableaux, Daikanyama タブローズ  代官山

Sooner or later Tableaux was going to make it onto my blog as it is one of the mainstay restaurants on the expat circuit in Tokyo. I have been to Tableaux about five times in the past, but it was only on my recent sixth visit that I was actually impressed with the food. I started with a couple of oyster shots which are always good (and let's admit it, it's hard to mess up an oyster), and this was followed as a started by little tacos with fried ginger on top, a little yuzu (Japanese lime) cream on the side and a little glass with a shot of gazpacho. As opposed to your ordinary taco, the beef was excellent quality and the overall taste was just great. For the main I had a divine beef cheek that came with a little salad tossed in raspberry and maple syrup. For one of the first times in recent memory I did not have enough room for dessert, but we all left the restaurant well satisfied. I will definitely be back to see if they can repeat the performance!

http://www.tableaux.jp/en
Tel: 03-5489-2201

Comments

Popular Posts